Tuesday 22 July 2014

Why Prince George is making me despise the royal family

Babies are annoying, they cry and scream and let out funny smelling gas, and Prince George is no exception.

He might be royal and he might be the future King of England, but if I see or write one more press release about Prince George’s first year on this deranged planet there is a very good chance that I will lose the will to live.


Now, I should probably make it clear that I do not hate kids in any stretch of the imagination, oh no. In fact at one time before I decided I wanted to train as a journalist I had the burning ambition to be a primary school teacher.

Albeit the ambition didn't last very long but nevertheless I did volunteer at my local Infant school once a week which I found somewhat enjoyable.

Of course there were times when I got so sick of being surrounded by children that I started to see smoke. For example when one of the little boys weed on another classmate’s hand, just to see whether it was warm. Head into hands moment.

And I should also make very clear that I am in no way against the royal family. In fact, I even have a waving statute of the Queen in my bedroom. Ask my boyfriend.

However, if there is one thing that is rapidly putting me off them it is Prince George.

Don’t get me wrong, last year I was fully submerged by the royal baby tidal wave, but I’ve since realised that as a nation we could probably do with a reality check.

I mean come on, we’re intelligent Britons but we’re all infatuated with an infant who doesn’t even know we exist… maybe we should all take a long hard look at ourselves and rethink our priorities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment