The recipe is pretty much the same as a normal brownie, however the seperation of the eggs and whisking of the egg whites used in this one, however faffy, certainly leads to good results.
So! Without further ado...
- 175g butter
- 225g chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs (seperated into whites and yolks)
- 65g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and then line your cake tin with grease proof paper
- Place the chocolate, butter and sugar in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Leave to cool
- Whisk the egg yolks into the mixture (ensuring it is properly cooled) followed by the flour
- Whisk the egg whites in a seperate bowl until they form soft peaks, and then add to the chocolatey mixture
- Finally pour the mixture into your cake tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes (the deeper the tin, the longer it'll need)