Tuesday 17 December 2013

When life gives you bananas...

My mum works in a school and so got given a load of spare bananas to use up over the weekend. No one I've ever met is keen on rotting fruit, and so this banana bread recipe is perfect for making sure it doesn't go to waste. It's also the most simple recipe in the world and creates minimal mess as it is all done in one bowl- perfect! I adapted this recipe a little bit from the standard banana bread by adding a bit of honey which sweetens the mixture a little and I find is a lovely accompaniment to the bake.

Recipe: Honey and Banana Bread

Ingredients:

  • 100g butter
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 bananas 
  • 225g self raising flour
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 4 tbsp honey
Method:
  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a bread tin with grease proof paper.
  2. Place all your ingredients in a bowl and mix together for a couple of minutes until everything is incorporated into a smooth mixture. 
  3. Carefully pour the mixture into the tin and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for 1 hour until browned on top. 
  4. Allow to cool in tin and serve either as a snack or with ice cream as a pudding.
I'd love to know how you got on. Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @efoakden 

No comments:

Post a Comment