Friday 26 September 2014

Interning in the Big Smoke


Today marks my last day of my two-week placement interning at Delicious. magazine. I will be very sad to go, but more than anything I can’t wait to get back to my home comforts… and the gym!

From taste testing copious amounts of mince pies and uncountable Christmas puddings, I can safely say that I have become somewhat of a Christmas food connoisseur.

I have learnt first and foremost, particularly as the weeks have gone on and the mountains of food have got bigger, that by adapting the food tasting style of Mary Berry (only taking tiny bites at a time) means that I won’t feel quite as sick. 

Although I have only been here for a short time I have learnt a lot about the way a food magazine works, and also a lot about London and it’s people. For starters, they’re rude. But, funnily enough, I’ve soon found myself slipping in to the ways of a London commuter, running up and down escalators and ensuring I can fit into the tiniest amount of remaining space in a tube, (being petite has had it’s advantages) and I’ve almost forgotten the meaning of personal space.

Kris and me
When it comes to outside of work I have had a great time living with one of my best friends because, well, who wouldn’t love living with someone you get along with so well.


I’ve had an amazing two-weeks and a great experience at Delicious. magazine whilst meeting all sorts of lovely people, but for now, I can’t wait to get home to my dog and some of Mummy O’s home cooked dinners.















No comments:

Post a Comment